Mobility Routines

Login Forums Strength Training Mobility Routines

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Francis Franze
    Participant

Do you have any general mobility routines that you recommend that could be performed regularly for maintenance (rather than addressing an acute injury/weakness)?

Ryan Faehnle
    Participant

Hard to describe mobility routines on a forum, but as a general rule, I think you should take every joint in your body through it's full ACTIVE range of motion every day. Slow and controlled is the name of the game and spend time controlling the spots where it's the hardest as that's where you likely need the most work. Mobility is nothing more than strength and stability at specific joint ranges of motion, which can only be cemented in CNS through active muscular contraction. Hope that makes sense.

Joseph Gilfedder
    Participant

Francis, Functional Range Conditioning (FRC) does an excellent job in regards to teaching drills/exercises to do exactly what Coach described (ACTIVE mobility). Passive mobility will do very little for injury prevention, joint integrity/strength if you cannot control it from a neuromuscular perspective. Active inputs will lead to a chronic change over time with consistent practice. They have great routines for joint health. Check out CARS- Controlled Articular Rotations and PAILS/RAILS- Progressive/Regressive Angular Isometric Loading.

Daniel Mattison
    Participant

Kit Laughlin has cheap Mastery series for the Shoulder and the Hips/Squat. They’re $10 on Vimeo. I would suggest them. Find which stretches in each series work for you. Hold the lower body stretches for 1-2 rounds of 120 seconds. 1-2 rounds of 60-90 seconds for the shoulder/upper body stuff. 10-15 reps for any of the limbering exercises. I do this on my off days for 30-45 minutes. Works like a charm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.