Fiber

Login Forums Nutrition Fiber

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Gilfedder
    Participant

Is fiber an essential part of nutrition/supplementation? What is the range of fiber per day/meal somebody should consume? There are a lot of differing opinions on this and is there a way to find optimal intake for the individual?

Jance Footit
    Participant

It is essential, especially for health. As far as recommendations, the one I am most familiar with is 20-30g a day (female/male). One thing you want to monitor with this is transient time. The most basic way to do this is eat sesame seeds. If you pass them the next day, you're good, eat a maintenance level of fiber. If you dont pass it for more than 1 day, you may want to look into increasing fiber intake which helps regularity. Being regular has a large impact on your gut bacteria and flora, so if your food is sitting around in your system longer than it needs to it will start to create dysbiosis

Ryan Faehnle
    Participant

Great answer Jance. I will also add that if you eat enough fiber from real food, you do not need to supplement with it. I typically eat 1-2 pounds of raw greens per day in addition to fiber from fruits, grains, etc. As long as I stay consistent with it, I do not need any additional fiber. Lots of individuality on this one and the only other thing I'll add is that any changes to fiber (either adding or subtracting) should be done GRADUALLY. Give each small change 2 weeks before you make an additional change and ensure plenty of liquid as well.

Rex Freriks
    Participant

In the Metabolic Analytics course I took from Charles he recommended 40 grams of fiber per day. He said you should have several stools per day. He said fiber was the only essential carbohydrate.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.