What comes after the "12 week programming"?

Login Forums Strength Training What comes after the "12 week programming"?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Omar Berkelaar
    Participant

I know that after a 12 week program there is a layoff week, and for an athlete is only maintenance during the season. What about anyone who just want to get better (faster, stronger),and has a weekend sport activity?

Jance Footit
    Participant

A million different answers here but in general you start back at the bottom of the pyramid and make a bigger foundation in hopes of reaching a higher top at the end of the next 12 week progression. This is the entirety of strength training. Always a good idea to hold a mock competition in the lifts at the end of a cycle. Mentally it's good as a refreshing point afterwards. Again, a million ways to answer it, but I think the most generalized one is GPP

Ryan Faehnle
    Participant

Great question! I always encourage the "weekend warriors" to start each long-term program slightly better than you did the previous one for long term, continued progress. For a super simple example, if you started your LAST 12-week cycle with dumbbell pressing the 50 pound dumbbells for 20 reps, then try to start your new cycle pressing the 55-65lb DBs for 20 reps. Over time and through many cycles, the foundation will get broader and your peaks will get higher. Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.