Remote Assessment

Login Forums Structural Balance / Testing Remote Assessment

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Edward Williams
    Participant

Hey Guys,

This is awesome and I thank you all ahead of time for be willing to share your knowledge. As we are in a time of Virtual and Remote training at the moment, what kinds of structural balance assessments would you use to get enough quality information on movement quality to know where you'd start with a client?

Eric Falstrault
    Participant

Hey Edward, remotely, I ask them to film certain movement from front and sides. Squats, over head squats, step up and or split squats, simple bending over forward, push ups, Y raise, sit ups. I start with that, than depending on the workout I give them, first few exercices and workouts, I might ask a few videos to see tempo, range of motion, etc. Always depending if injuries, I might be more specific. Hope this helps.

Edward Williams
    Participant

Hey Eric, that is very helpful thanks, definitely along the same lines but I like the inclusion of Y raise and situps, I think that's a great addition that I hadn't considered. Thank you.

Edward Williams
    Participant

Hey Eric, Do you tend to send video description of the movements to be assessed or just a written description in order to avoid mimicking or does that matter to you much? Thanks

Eric Falstrault
    Participant

For assessments, I give cues, and see what they do, gives me a few more infos such as body awareness, how i will have to teach them, etc.

Edward Williams
    Participant

That makes sense and goes in line with my thoughts about seeing what people do and what kind of awareness they have. Thank you for taking the time to answer I appreciate it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.