COVID Suggestions

Login Forums General FAQ and Updates COVID Suggestions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Mattison
    Participant

So I subscribe to High Performance and would like to eventually train the Fat Loss and/or Hypertrophy & Strength routines, however, price gouging and lack of supply have left me with a FID bench and powerblock DBs, and some miscellaneous other equipment.

Would I still see comparable gains just following the Hotel Gym routines, in terms of both fat loss and hypertrophy?

If not, how is it suggested that I make exercises substitutions for the Fat Loss/Hypertrophy & Strength routines when I do not have the appropriate equipment weights?

Jaydon Allen
    Participant

I struggled finding equipment but was able to just order some today for my home gym and have quit my gym membership due to covid and the gym messing people around
    I imagine you would still see gains from doing the hotel workout so could give it a try as for doing the fat loss workout
    this is me looking at month 8

for chest and back i believe you would only have to swap narrow supinated chin up unless you have pull up bar if not I would swap this for something like bent over rows or deadlifts

for quads calfs abs
    could still do the squat just with heels not elevated unless you have a way
    standing calf instead of seated unless you sit on bench with weights on knees
    switch front squat to with dumbbells
    for the pulley maybe you have bands?

arms
    if you cant do dips id do flat db triceps extension
    hammer curl should be fine
    decline DB fine
    instead of thick grip Scott curls id do standing or seating reverse db curls

instead of hanging unless you have bar to hang from id replace it with doing it on the bench while incline or worse case scenario any ab exercises you have access to even sit ups etc
    instead of kneeling leg curl you could do lunges with DB
    the others should be fine I presume

this is me just quickly looking over it, its not perfect but its better to do something than nothing in my opinion as long as its not causing you injuries or too much headache.

Daniel Mattison
    Participant

Thanks Jaydon.

Yeah, since my post I have leaned in fully to a home gym and now also have weight plates, a barbell and a power rack. I'm just making adjustments as I can't do rows or lat pulldowns (can feasibly do most everything else). So pullovers, DB rows, and chins/pulls are on the menu. Can't do leg curls either but dumbbells, floor sliders and a GHD strap for my bench will fit the bill there. So, not an exhaustive list of options but pretty good. Can also now do giant sets without pissing off other gymgoers (since there aren't any in my garage, haha).

May at some point get a lat pulley attachment for my squat rack but for now, it is what it is.

Jaydon Allen
    Participant

Ah nice!

you could do rows with your barbell and id give leaning back pull ups tend to be quite good
    yeah just got to do what you can do
    i would always have the trouble when i would do lactic acid training that someone would jump on my equipment in the middle of my round so had to quickly come up with something else no issues anymore lol
    if you have not got any already fractional plates are great I can go up 1kg at a time (I'm UK) where as in the gym the jumps were normally 5kg for barbell and 2.5kg for dumbbell, they can get pricey though for such small plates lol.

Daniel Mattison
    Participant

Yeah, I got fractional plates thankfully. Just looking for an EZ bar right now but they’re sparse. Gonna just risk the wrist irritation and use a straight bar until I can find the bar I need [shrug]

Jaydon Allen
    Participant

yeah that's good
    pretty funny I've got an EZ bar but I can't find a decent straight bar so I'm the other way around when it comes to squatting etc lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.